Remcon's waterjet cutting produces a better edge cut without interruption. And it not only handles slots and through-cuts, but the cut can be initiated at any point on the workpiece.
Why Use Waterjet Cutting?
- There is no heat affected zone:
- No microcracking.
- Often eliminates deburring, grinding.
- Parts do not distort.
- We can cut heat treated material.
- Material utilization improves:
- The jet profiles vs making chips.
- Usable drops, not chips.
- Nesting and line-to-line cutting work - no heat affected zone.
- Secondary machining costs are lower:
- Cutter life is longer & feeds higher.
- Net shapes generated.
- Piercing cuts needed for start holes - no heat affected zone.
Quality of Cut
- Sharp inside corners are easily achieved
- Clean holes are pierced and contoured
- Deburring is often not required
- Pinpoint contouring saves material
Remcon's waterjet cutting creates no high temperatures, therefore there is little or no change in the physical properties of the material being cut.
No Heat Means...
- No slag or burr
- Heat treat is not changed
- Easier machining of blanks
- Longer fatigue life
Waterjet Target Materials
- Titanium, Inconel, Nickel
- Aluminum, Brass, Copper
- Bonded, Multi-Materials
- Clutch Plates, Brakes
- Rubber on Metal
- Metal on Metal
- Heat Treated Metals 35-55 RC.
- Cured Rubber, 30-90 Durometer.
- Plastics, Fiberglass, PVC <.25"
- Food Products (Equipment Only)
- Paper Products, Corrugated.
Remcon's CAD/CAM software system provides prompt and precise coordination of your product's design with its automated manufacture.
- Shapes cut directly from customer computer files
- Freehand artistic contours are scanned accurately
- Cutting programs are not separated from user engineering specs
- Redrawing is minimal, errors are reduced, traceability is held
- Nesting software improves material utilization
- Engineering changes are made promptly
- Files are transfered via modem, DNC link, or networks
Cutting Equipment and Services
- Cutting Services:
- Fixed price - short or long run
- Annual Contracts
- Process Development - per day
- Operator Training
- Cutting cost optimization
- Equipment Offered:
- Turnkey simple systems - 2 and 6 axis
- Water subsystems-Intensifiers, Starters, Plumbing and Heads
- Model 2040 Two-axis Machine
- IRB 2000, 3000, 3200 Robot based systems, single station
- Special wear component and tooling
- Technical Services:
- Training - Maintenance - Operation
- Special Repair and Parts Programs
- Cost Reduction Programs